Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hawaii's Bridges: Bridge in Kauai

June 2011 (22.219 Degrees, -159.431 Degrees) Bridge in Kauai
For my last Hawaiian bridge photo I have an unidentified bridge on the little island of Kauai. The bridge is a series of single span precast I girders on two column bents across a river. On this trip I rented a car at the airport in Lihue and drove to the end of the road and then walked another 11 miles to Honopu Beach. Somewhere along that trip I photographed this bridge.

I remembered my photos of Hawaii after watching the movie "The Descendants," which takes place on the very developed island of Oahu and the more laid-back island of Kauai.

Creative Commons License
Hawaii's Bridges: Bridge in Kauai by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment