Monday, December 3, 2012

Placer County, California Bridges: Auburn Ravine Viaduct across I-80 (2)

August 2012 (38.896 Degrees, -121.0805 Degrees) Auburn Ravine Viaduct
Another view of the Auburn Ravine Viaduct. A couple of steel stringer spans are carried on four legged towers and continue across I-80 on a deeper girder supported on a very deep truss. I know I want to call everything a Pratt truss, but in this case I'm pretty sure I'm right. The railway crosses the expressway at a high skew, which makes the truss span even longer. The Auburn Amtrak Station (with the reddish roof) is just a few hundred yards north of the Viaduct, which is on the far right in the photo below.
Creative Commons License
Placer County, California Bridges: Auburn Ravine Viaduct across I-80 (2) by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment