Saturday, November 17, 2012

Placer County, California Bridges: Foresthill Bridge across the North Fork of the American River (7)

November 2012 (38.922 Degrees, -121.039 Degrees) Foresthill Bridge

In the photo above, I walked towards the bridge (on a hiking trail) until few trees blocked my path only to discover that I was now too close to fit the bridge into one photo. I tried taking a photo, moving the camera to the right, and taking another photo so I could stitch the photos together when I got home.
I used Adobe Photoshop to stitch four photographs together into a single panoramic view of the bridge (above). However, I'm not sure if this provides more information than a photo taken farther away from the bridge.
The American River has a North, Middle, and South Fork. In the Wikepedia Map below, we can see the North and Middle Forks come together (in Auburn) and then meets the South Fork at Folsom Lake. The Foresthill Bridge crosses over the North Fork just before it reaches the Middle Fork.

Creative Commons License
Placer County, California Bridges: Foresthill Bridge across the North Fork of the American River (7) by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License.

No comments:

Post a Comment