Friday, March 12, 2010

Great Britain: North Parade Bridge (1)

I don't often provide a view of a bridge deck in my blog. We're back to where I took the first photo (of Pulteney Bridge) for the recent blogs about bridges in the ancient city of Bath.

The older bridges in Bath have a nice architectural presence with their carefully mortared stones, ornamental lamps, building-like edifices, etc. The view of the tower of Bath Abbey also adds to the experience.

Bridge engineers don't have to be architect's adversary. In most of my work, I'm working to make the architect's vision a reality. I particularly like the Piranesi-like quality of this bridge deck.
Creative Commons License
Great Britain: North Parade Bridge (1) by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment