Tuesday, March 5, 2013

El Dorado County, California Bridges: Rocky Bar Road Bridge across the Middle Fork of the Cosumnes River (1)

February 2013 (38.6090 Degrees, -120.6133 Degrees) Rocky Bar Bridge
Today's bridge is only fives miles east of the Mira Paradis Drive Bridge (that we studied yesterday). However, the road is so deeply rutted that it took me several attempts before I could take a photograph of it. I drove in from the north but the road was so eroded that at several places I had to get out to make sure the road was wide enough for my tires. Eventually I turned around because the road was blocked by a van. I was finally successful driving up from the south, but I stopped my truck a mile from the bridge and walked the rest of the way just in case.
It is a pretty little pony truss bridge and it's in pretty good shape considering that nobody uses it. I couldn't find any information about it, probably because the road and the bridge have been abandoned.  We'll take a closer look at it tomorrow.
Creative Commons License
El Dorado County, California Bridges: Rocky Bar Road Bridge across the Middle Fork of the Cosumnes River (1) by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment