Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tokyo, Japan's Bridges: Kachidoki Bridge across the Sumida River (5)

March 2012 (35.662 Degrees, 139.775 Degrees) Kachidoki Bridge
The ends of arch bridges can be hard to understand. I would have supposed that the ends of the Kachidoki Bridge were securely fastened to big ties under the deck. They probably are, but this photo suggests that the C.G. of the arches don't line up with the C.G. of the ties. I could kick myself because I was standing on the riverbank yesterday but I didn't go under the bridge to see. I guess another trip to the bridge is in order. I'm not sure why this bridge has become an obsession to me but I might as well get it out of my system while I'm in Tokyo.
Creative Commons License
Tokyo, Japan's Bridges: Kachidoki Bridge across the Sumida River (5) by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment