Monday, March 5, 2012

Tokyo, Japan's Bridges: Kachidoki Bridge across the Sumida River (4)

March 2012 (35.662 Degrees, 139.775 Degrees) Kachidoki Bridge
Can there be too many photos of the Kachidoki Bridge? I guess I'll find out if people stop reading my blog. Today, in the pouring rain, I walked from Tamachi District to Daimon District and then took the subway to Kachidoki Station. A sign directed me to view the bridge from the Kachidoki Tower, but I wasn't able to find it. Instead I walked along the sidewalk and took some photos of the arch spans.

One of the nice things about this bridge are the wrought iron images attached to the railings. In the one below, it looks like a tall ship is just passing under the bridge as it opens (or as it's closing?).

Creative Commons License
Tokyo, Japan's Bridges: Kachidoki Bridge across the Sumida River (4) by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment