Monday, October 19, 2009

American River Bridges: Historic Truss, Rainbow, and Lake Natoma Bridges

I thought we'd take one last look at the three American River/Lake Natoma Crossings in the City of Folsom.

These bridges reflect the pride and wealth of a community that can build new bridges while maintaining and even restoring bridges that reflect Folsom's past. It also reflects a willingness on the part of the community to solve problems and make compromises for the greater good.

I live about ten miles downstream where there are few bridges and I have to drive several miles to get across the American River. At one time, they discussed building a bridge very close to my house but I'm glad the plan fell through. I wouldn't want all the cars and noise in my little neighborhood.
Creative Commons License
American River Bridges: Historic Truss, Rainbow, and Lake Natoma Bridges by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment