Sunday, March 13, 2011

Australia's Bridges: ANZAC Cable-Stayed Bridge (4) in Sydney

March 2011 (-33.869 deg., 151.186 deg.) Bridge over Johnstons Bay

I usually prefer landscape views, but for some reason, I'm providing several portrait views of the ANZAC Bridge. Also, I'm not sure how fond I am of 'Delta' or 'A' shaped towers. One advantage is they provide a consistent shape from the bottom to the top of the tower. 

Today, it seems like a central tower with a deck on each side is preferred, but I think they are less stable for earthquake loads. At least that's one problem that Australian engineers don't have to worry about.
Creative Commons License
Australia's Bridges: ANZAC Cable-Stayed Bridge (4) in Sydney by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment