Friday, October 21, 2011

Michigan's Bridges: I-94 Gateway Arch Bridges (3)

April 2006 (42.265 Degrees, -83.270 Degrees) Gateway Arch Bridges
Another photo of the Gateway Arch Bridges. Lusas posted an interesting blog about the bridge analysis, which used their software.

The original Gateway Arch is in Saint Louis, Missouri, but I guess this is the gateway arch into Detroit. I mentioned in an earlier post that this type of bridge is often chosen when a long span with good vertical clearance is needed without having to raise the vertical alignment.

I read that the cross-bracing is football-shaped, but I think it looks more like the eyes in Egyptian hieroglyphics.
Creative Commons License
Michigan's Bridges: I-94 Gateway Arch Bridges (3) by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment