Thursday, October 20, 2011

Michigan's Bridges: I-94 Gateway Arch Bridges (2)

April 2006 (42.265 Degrees, -83.270 Degrees) Gateway Arch Bridges
Driving west on I-94 we arrive at the Gateway Arch Bridges, last seen in my blog of February 12, 2009. These simple looking bridges are 246 ft long steel girder spans held up by floor beams hung from 3 ft by 4 ft arch ribs. The ties for the arches are underground. Another nice view of these bridges is provided in the Google Earth photograph below.
Creative Commons License
Michigan's Bridges: I-94 Gateway Arch Bridges (2) by Mark Yashinsky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mark,
    Nice photos! I like the clarity of the Google aerial view with the amazing shadows on the roadway & the cloverleaf? intersection pattern. The weather must have been good on the day.
    David

    ReplyDelete